Posted by Steph on Oct 4, 2013
When choosing the perfect venue for your wedding day, there can be so many to choose from and it can become quite overwhelming. Some couples plan their dream wedding location well in advance, while others leave it right to the last minute. Either way has its pluses and minuses; but, the most important thing to consider is that choosing your wedding venue will arguably be the most important wedding planning decision you will ever have to make. Sound daunting? It is! So we want to help make it easier for you.
We’ve come up with some top tips to help you when choosing your prefect wedding venue:
1) Decide on a budget and stick to it: Working to a budget will help you to shortlist potential wedding venues. Catering and things like table wine and arrival drinks can take up a large chunk of your budget, so remember to include it in your calculations.
2) Be sure on your guest numbers: Having relatively accurate guest numbers will prepare you to organise your venue more effectively as you will know what size venue to pick from and what sort of facilities you will require.
3) Keep accessibility in mind: Take into consideration how your guests will get to and from the wedding venue. Is it easy to find? Is it near or far away? Can all size vehicles access the grounds? Consider looking for a wedding venue that most of your guests can easily get to. This will avoid last minute drop outs too!
4) Is your date flexible? If your wedding date is set in stone, be somewhat prepared for disappointment. Availability of the best wedding venues is scarce so you may need to book well in advance. If you are flexible, you’ll do just fine.
5) Don’t just settle: This is your one and only (hopefully!) special day. Take the time to visit lots of venues. Yes, we are all so busy with our lives but take this special time for you and your fiancé. You deserve the best and you’ll know when you have found the right one!
6) Ask a hell of a lot of questions! Chances are…your venue will be your biggest wedding expense, so make them work for it ; )
What we always say to our brides is ‘consider venues that will allow external caterers and bar suppliers’. These are the reasons why…
1) Most of the time, it’s cheaper!
2) Venues with their own bars charge corkage fees. We don’t! So you can supply your own table wine and arrival drinks.
3) You can choose your own menu and cocktails tailored to your special day, rather than settle for what everyone else has. It will give you so much more variety.
Here are a couple of our recommended venues:
1) Northbrook Park, Surrey http://www.northbrookpark.co.uk/
2) The Friars, Aylesford http://www.thefriars.org.uk/index.html
If you have any questions or need any help with choosing your perfect wedding venue, do not hesitate to get in touch. We’d be happy to help.
From the blog
Cocktail Bartender Hire in Kent
You're having a party and you want somebody to mix you some tantalising cocktails! We don't blame you!
Posted by Steph on May 10, 2015
Cocktail Workshops in Kent
So...you've been inspired by the movie 'Cocktail' and you fancy trying out a bit of Tom Cruise or the lady equivalent? Who can blame you?
Posted by Steph on Mar 4, 2015
Wedding Mobile Bar Hire in Kent
So you’ve found your perfect venue but it doesn’t have a bar! Where do you start? How do you know you have a decent and honest supplier?
Posted by Steph on Jan 12, 2015